Here’s the most comprehensive guide to all Valorant characters alongside their abilities and ultimates. This massive list will also provide you with the must-know tips and tricks about the Valorant agents.
Riot Games’ smash-hit first-person shooter continues to conquer the gaming landscape. Considering the developer’s experience in forming competitive ecosystems, there are many reasons why Valorant has become a giant success.
And one of these reasons is the diverse design of all Valorant characters. The competitive shooter has a complex gameplay formula that leaves room for creativity and flexibility.
That’s why knowing about every Valorant agent and their abilities and ultimates is crucial. That way, you can focus on a single character and master its gameplay style. Learning about the best Valorant maps is essential to grasp victory!
All Valorant characters
Here’s the list of all Valorant characters at the time of this writing. There are a total of 22 agents in Riot’s incredibly successful competitive shooter.
As one of the most recent Valorant agents, Harbor comes with solid skills alongside a powerful ultimate. He hails from India and boasts a powerful artifact.
- High Tide – Harbor sends a wall of water that goes along the ground. The agent can also guide the direction of the water wall to create temporary blocks. The wall passes through the world and slows down players upon contact.
- Cove – Harbor forms a water shield that blocks enemy bullets. It is a destructible shield, though.
- Cascade: Harbor sends out massive waves of water that can pass through walls. The waves slow down anyone who touches them.
- Reckoning: Harbor unleashes the full potential of his relic and launches a colossal geyser on an area of his choosing. The ultimate ability comes in repetitive bursts.
Jett is a swift and self-assured duelist hailing from Korea. Known as an agile and deadly agent, she depends on mobility and stands out among others with her precise knife skills.
Most players often pick Jett as she is one of the most popular agents among all Valorant characters.
- Cloudburst (C): Jett throws a cloud of smoke that blocks vision upon impact. The agent can also guide the cloud’s path if the player holds down the ability button.
- Updraft (Q): Jett thrusts herself into the air to get a broader vision of the battlefield.
- Tailwind (E): Jett dashes quickly forward.
- Blade Storm (X): Jett’s ultimate ability allows her to throw several throwing knives that deal solid damage. Left-click throws a single knife whereas the right-click sends a burst of throwing knives.
Known as a mysterious agent whose history is unknown, Omen comes with extremely useful teleportation and deception abilities. He haunts the battlefield and manipulates the instincts of his enemies.
- Paranoia: Paranoia serves as a shadowy projectile that blinds enemies.
- Shrouded Step: The controller agent teleports a rather short distance.
- Dark Cover: Omen casts an orb that turns into a sphere of manipulative shadow that blocks vision entirely.
- From the Shadows: Omen’s ultimate ability allows him to teleport to a random location on the map. After the teleportation, Omen turns invisible for a short amount of time.
As an Initiator agent from Sweden, Breach boasts explosive weapons and superpowers that can burst out colossal damage.
- Aftershock: Brach equips a Fusion Charge that slowly sends a burst of powerful seismic activity.
- Flashpoint: Breach uses a blinding charge that completely blinds the enemy.
- Fault Lines: Fault Line is a great ability that can be used in critical situations. Using this ability, Breach sends a wave of seismic activity. He can also increase the distance of it by holding fire.
- Rolling Thunder: Breach uses a seismic charge that allows him to start a massive quake through his line of sight. Those who are caught in it are dazed.
Gekko is the most recent addition to the Valorant roster. As the 22nd agent, Gekko ravages the battlefield with his crew of strange creatures.
- Wingman: Wingman has two different methods of using Wingman. It can both serve as a concussive grenade or complete two of the most important tasks in the match. Wingman can actually plant or defuse the Spike.
- Mosh Pit: Similar to a grenade, Mosh Pit expands upon a large area that deals solid damage.
- Dizzy: Dizzy sends blasts of plasma that reduce the enemy’s line of sight.
- Thrash: Thrash detains the enemy upon contact and serves as an excellent way to make enemies vulnerable.
As one of the best agents among all Valorant characters, Killjoy stands out with her expertise in robotics and high-tech gadgets.
As a German agent, she is excellent at making use of technology and electronics to take down her enemies. That’s why she is one of the most picked agents among all Valorant characters.
- Alarmbot: Alarmbot hunts down Killjoy’s foes and explodes upon contact.
- Turret: Killjoy places a turret that unleashes a volley of bullets in its line of sight.
- Nanoswarm: The Nanoswarm grenade of Killjoy calls out a dangerous swarm of nanobots that damage enemies. The bots also reveal the location of the foes.
- Lockdown: Killjoy equips the Lockdown device when her Ultimate ability is activated. The device detains all of the foes caught in its line of sight.
The Mexican duelist, Reyna is a fierce warrior who revels in the chaos of the combat. Her abilities include feasting upon the souls of the fallen and embracing extraordinary chaotic power.
- Dismiss: Dismiss Reyna’s extremely useful ability that allows her to reposition and get away from the dangerous gunfights. It consumes the stolen life force of a fallen adversary and makes Reyna invisible and invulnerable.
- Devour: Reyna’s Devour ability allows the duelist agent to consume the life force of a fallen opponent and fills her HP bar.
- Leer: Reyna calls an Ethereal that Nearsight every enemy who looks at it. Leer is a great ability to make enemies vulnerable for a short amount of time.
- Empress: Reyna’s ultimate ability is Empress. And it puts her into a state of frenzy alongside boosting her fire rate and reload speed.
Cypher is a Moroccan surveillance specialist. And he revels in secret operations alongside information warfare. He has an array of traps and surveillance tools, which make him an essential asset to any team.
- Spycam (E): Cypher places a remote camera that allows him to recon critic areas of the battlefield.
- Trapwire (C): Set in between walls, Trapwire is Cypher’s crucial tool that reveals and restrains enemies who cross it.
- Cyber Cage (Q): Cypher throws out a trap that activates remotely. The trap forms a cage that slows enemies within its bounds.
- Neural Theft (X): Neural Theft allows Cypher to extract information from an eliminated enemy. The info reveals the current location of the teammates.
Viper is a ruthless chemical expert coming from the United States. Her arsenal includes a wide number of deadly toxins and noxious gas. She utilizes her poisonous skills to grasp control of the battlefield.
- Toxic Screen (E): Viper forms a line of gas emitters that block vision.
- Snakebite (C): Viper’s Snakebite ability is a projectile that explodes after touching the ground. Snakebite then creates a pool of acid.
- Poison Cloud (Q): Poison Cloud is a gas emitter that Viper can throw between short cooldowns.
- Viper’s Pit (X): Viper’s ultimate ability emits a huge cloud of toxic gas that reduces visibility and damages enemies. The cloud stays in the air as long as the agent roams inside of it. Viper can also see her adversaries upon contact.
Fade is a Turkish bounty hunter that falls under the Initiator category. She has a highly versatile arsenal that makes her a crucial part of any team.
- Haunt (E): Fadfe’s Haunt ability allows her to utilize a nightmarish creation. The nightmare then reveals the enemies in its line of vision.
- Seize (Q): Seize allows Fade to halt the moving enemies.
- Prowler (C): Fade equips a prowler that dashes forward to trail the first enemy it sees.
- Nightfall (X): Fade’s ultimate ability allows her to unleash a massive energy of nightmarish power. Those who are caught on the path of the nightmare are marked by Fade’s terror trails.
Neon is a Filipino agent that roams the battlefield at shocking speeds while bursting out bioelectric damage.
- Fast Lane: Neon unleashes two walls of energy that create a protected lane that also blocks enemy vision.
- Relay Bolt: heon throws out an energy bolt that bounces after hitting a surface. It then electrifies the area upon contact, followed by a Concussive blast.
- High Gear: Neon uses her power to increase her movement speed. She can also use her electric slide ability that resets every two kills.
- Overdrive: Neon unleashes her extreme power and speed for a brief moment. She then channels her immense power into a near-lethal lightning beam.
Chamber is a weapon designer hailing from France. As a master of precision and an explosive arsenal, he is always prepared even for the most lethal occasions.
- Trademark: Chamber places a trap that constantly scans for voes. The moment the trap detects an enemy, it starts slowing them down when they are inside its radius.
- Headhunter: Chamber equips a heavy pistol that has an alternative fire option.
- Rendezvous: Chamber places a teleportation anchor that allows him to simply reposition to avoid gunfights.
- Tour de Force: Chamber’s ultimate ability allows him to summon a custom sniper rifle that deals lethal damage to any foes. After a successful kill, the bullet creates a field that slows down enemies.
A relentless machine of war, KAY/O is an extremely versatile initiator agent that uses his technological arsenal to suppress his enemies.
- ZERO/point: The agent’s signature ability allows him to equip an electrical blade that sticks to the surface. It then winds up and suppresses the foes in its radius.
- FLASH/drive: The agent equips a flash grenade that explodes after a short delay.
- FRAG/ment: KAY/O throws out a fragment grenade that covers a large area and deals massive damage upon contact.
- NULL/cmd: KAY/O’s ultimate ability allows him to emit a massive energy that covers a massive radius. Foes who are in the radius are hit with the pulses. And the agent receives a combat stim.
The cosmic warrior from Ghana, Astra bends the fabric of the universe to eradicate her foes. As an agile and manipulative warrior, Astra is a solid addition to any team on the battlefields of Valorant.
- Gravity Well: Gravity Well sucks all enemies towards its center in order to explode them later on.
- Nova Pulse: Astra activates a Star to unleash the immense power of Nova Pulse. The pulse results in a concussive effect on the foes.
- Nebula: Astra activates a Star that transforms into a sphere o smoke, a Nebula.
- Astral Form / Cosmic Divide: The cosmic agent transforms into a shadowy entity and gets a broader vision of the battlefield. The agent can also fuel her other abilities and place the Stars on the map to activate them later on.
The Japanese infiltration master, Yoru is an extremely talented agent that makes use of teleportation and illusionary techniques. He can also manipulate reality to infiltrate enemy lines and sow chaos.
- Fakeout: Yoru uses an echo that mimics his footsteps that confuse enemies.
- Gatecrash: Yoru forms a teleportation gate to allow himself to reposition himself.
- Blindside: Yoru throws out a flashbang that blinds enemies upon detonation.
- Dimensional Drift: Yoru equips a mask that allows him to see through dimensions. Provided that the agent is in a different dimension, he becomes invisible and invulnerable.
Coming from Australia, Skye is a relentless warrior that bears true love and passion for nature. As an eco-warrior, she uses her bond with animals to overcome the hardships of the battlefield.
- Trailblazer: Skye summons a Tasmanian tiger to take control. It is possible to leap forward as the beast and damage the enemies later by exploding.
- Guiding Light: Skye’s Guiding Light ability allows her to call a hark to her aid. The hawk flashes and scouts the enemy.
- Regrowth: Regrworth allows Skye to heal her allies that are in range. The ability remotely activates healing over time.
- Seekers: Skye calls three seekers to her aid. The seekers track down and reveal the locations of the nearby enemies.
Raze is the Brazilian explosive enthusiast of Valorant who offers utter chaos and ultimate destruction to his foes. Her explosive skills make her one of the most popular Valorant characters in the game.
- Boom Bot: Raze’s Boom Bot travels a straight line after being deployed. With the ability to bounce off the walls, Boom Bot locks on to any foe and chases them until contacting to explode.
- Blast Pack: The agent throws a pack of explosives that stick to the surface, waiting for Raze to detonate.
- Paint Shells: Raze throws out a cluster grande that creates an area of small and big explosions.
- Showstopper: The agent’s ultimate ability is simply a massive rocket launcher. The master of explosives can fire a missile that deals solid damage.
The Russian hunter Sova is a specialist in gathering intelligence and precise striking. He takes place on the battlefield with his bow and high-tech gadgets.
- Recon Bolt (E): Sova fires a bolt that reveals the locations of the enemies in the vicinity.
- Owl Drone (C): Sova deploys a drone that reveals the current location of the enemies nearby. It can also fire a dart that tracks a single enemy until it is removed.
- Shock Bolt (Q): Sova’s shock bolt explodes and emits an electric pulse. It is useful to damage and target the enemies hiding behind corners.
- Hunter’s Fury (X): Sova fires a series of deadly energy blasts that pass through walls. The blasts can go across the entire map. They also damage the enemy and mark the enemy upon contact.
As a Chinese agent, Sage serves as a supportive force on the battlefield. She can not only heal herself and her allies, but she can also resurrect an eliminated teammate. That’s why she is an essential asset to any team.
- Healing Orb (E): The healing orb heals Sage or an ally over time.
- Barrier Orb (C): Sage forms a wall that blocks areas for strategic map control.
- Slow Orb (Q): The Sentinel agent throws out an orb that slows down enemies upon impact. The field created by the orb also causes enemies to make noise when they are on the move.
- Resurrection (X): Sage resurrects an eliminated teammate with full health.
As a fiery agent who comes from the United Kingdom, Phoenix boasts self-reviving abilities alongside a solid arsenal of fiery techniques. He is one of the oldest agents among all Valorant characters as he has been in the game since the beta.
- Hot Hands (E): Phoenix throws out a fireball that explodes upon impact. The fire zone created by the explosion deals damage to the enemies. It also heals Phoenix.
- Blaze (C): The Duelist agent casts a wall of flame that prevents vision. It also deals damage to those who pass through it. Phoenix can bend the wall of flame vertically or horizontally.
- Curveball (Q): Phoenix throws out a curved flare that explodes into a light that blinds anyone. It is simply a flash grenade.
- Run it Back (X): Phoenix marks his current location with Run it Back. Provided that the ability is active, Phoenix then respawns at the marked location.
As a stoic American patriot, Brimstone comes with heavy firepower and boasts strategic control of the battlefield. His arsenal includes incendiary grenades and orbital strikes that can be crucial for victory.
- Sky Smoke (E): Brimstone uses a map to mark certain locations. He then calls a smokescreen that blocks the enemy’s vision.
- Stim Beacon (C): The controller agent chooses a location in close vicinity to call a beacon that grants teammates rapid fire.
- Incendiary (Q): Brimstone throws out a grenade that forms a field of fire that deals damage to enemies.
- Orbital Strike (X): Brimstone chooses a location from his map and calls in a solid orbital strike that deals continuous damage to adversaries.
Here are all Valorant characters along with their abilities and ultimates.